Clearly, I was created with a specific purpose. So, I asked, "Why am I here?"
I'd been dreading this exercise, worried that God might not tell me anything. But what I discovered was that He didn't have to tell me anything because I already knew. My pen flew across the page as the passions He has put in me over the last 12 years poured out of their own accord:
- I am here to love others as Jesus has loved me, to let His deep love cover over a multitude of sins in myself and others.
- I am here to serve God by using my gifts of writing and teaching, to help others discover and experience the love of Christ. I want to continue to share my testimony boldly, to tell the truth about God's grace in my life.
- I am here to live life to the fullest, to enjoy one moment at a time, to live with eyes wide open so that I don't miss the blessings and treasures God has planned for me. I don't want to miss a single opportunity to love and serve another.
- I am here to bring glory to God in all I do and all I say. I am a planting of the LORD for the display of His splendor. (Isaiah 61:3)
- I am here to love God with all of my heart, soul, and strength, to enjoy sweet fellowship with my Beloved.