Monday, August 5, 2019

Adventures of a Crazy Foreign Lady (Aventuras de una Extranjera Loca)

Unchained...

Sometimes you have to break all of your own rules. 

This is the story of what happens when a perfectly ordinary woman lets the chains of her fear drop to the ground. It’s the story of how knowing that you are deeply loved can set you free to live the adventure of a lifetime. 

On Saturday, June 8, I returned to the most beautiful place on earth for my second Spanish language immersion trip to Costa Rica. After weathering the most trying year of my life as a seventh-grade teacher in an inner city school, I was looking forward to a tranquil, uneventful month of gazing at trees, flowers, butterflies, and birds and eating lots of rice and beans with my beloved familia Tica (Costa Rican family).

With a sense of coming back home, I slipped into the familiar routine of riding the bus to Spanish lessons each morning and then spending the evening with Macha, Mecho, and Laura.


Mecho

Laura


Macha

Tour of House and Barrio (Neighborhood)

Leftie waits at the bus stop every morning with us.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails