Monday, October 20, 2008

I've Been Tagged

I've been tagged by Kristi at Trenton, Kristi, & Kendall. Here's how to play:
1.) Go to your 6th picture folder
2.) Attach the 6th picture in that folder
3.) Tag 5 more friends



This picture was taken on November 7, 2002, on my dad's 72nd birthday. Ethan was 5 and in Kindergarten. We all gathered in my parents' small dining room and had cake and, of course, homemade ice cream. I most likely ate three bowls and then had agonizing indigestion that kept me up half the night.

When I saw this picture, I knew by the outfit I was wearing that this was the occasion when Bill and I announced our engagement. Isn't it funny how women seem to associate events (especially happy ones) with the clothes they were wearing? I can tell you the outfit I was wearing when I met Bill, when we had our first date, and on the evening he proposed.

At Dad's party, we decided to keep our surprise until the end of the evening so we wouldn't take the focus off his birthday. It was so exciting to keep such a delicious secret all evening. I kept my ring turned backward, with the diamond against my palm.

I don't remember exactly what we said, but I'm sure we both had bright red faces. The whole family cheered when we shared the news because everyone else had fallen in love with Bill as well. I beamed as everyone clustered around to admire the ring.

It was a happy, happy day!

Now it's my turn...
Well, I don't have many friends who blog yet (at least not many whom I know well), and one of them is the person who tagged me. So I guess I'll just tag four:

Mindy at Bella Inizio
Jennifer at Matlock Family Blog
Jenny at Keep Listening
Ariel at My World

1 comment:

Melissa Irwin said...

awwwwww, that is a beautiful picture!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails