Thursday, June 23, 2011

Touched By An Angel - At Walmart

Thank you to everyone who has been praying and sending me words of encouragement and showing me kindnesses, little and big. I'm sorry I haven't posted an update. El Paso was wonderful beyond my expectations. Laura's extended family and group of friends welcomed me as one of their own, and I took delight in hearing their recollections, though sometimes all I could understand was the laughter (and tears). [I'm determined to learn Spanish along with Ethan this year when he starts high school.]

Best of all was that I think I made a "heart friend" in Laura's cousin Mariana, who welcomed me into her home and reminisced for hours with me. 

We Released 100 Balloons on the Count of Eleven


When I came back home, though, my sorrow and weariness overtook me. I've had a rough couple of days. I can't even put into words what I've been feeling, but my friend Gentle has done a good job of expressing it.

Gentle and I in the Shirts She Designed for our Three-Day Walk


Here's a link to a story she posted today that really lifted my spirits...


Touched By an Angel - At Walmart

Please keep praying for everyone who loves Laura.

4 comments:

Met Church said...

I am imagining all the balloons drifting in the sky with Laura’s pictures attached. Simply beautiful. I know she loved this.

I am grateful for you sister. Side by side we took this journey together. We have and will grieve together. We will celebrate her life together. And together, we will walk 60 miles, still, for Laura. I have no doubt she will still be waiting for us at the finish line, cheering us on.
Gentle

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Best wishes Sarah.

Praying for you.

God bless.

k and c's mom said...

Welcome home. I understand the tiredness. Be kind to yourself and rest all you need to. Precious post.

Sarah said...

Gentle - Yes, she will be cheering us on!

Victor - Thank you for your continual prayers and support.

K&C's Mom - Thank you. I will do my best to follow your advice.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails