The rules for this meme are:- Those tagged will share 5 things they love about Jesus
- Those tagged will tag 5 other bloggers
- Those tagged will provide a link to those they have tagged as well as the originator of the tag; to encourage others to visit them.
To quote Victor: 'Now this is a great idea because as a Christian community we should encourage each other and visit each others' Blogs if only to say "Hello". I know we don't always have something to say in the comments box; but just "Hello" would encourage Bloggers in that they know they have been visited and their efforts appreciated.' [Amen, Victor]
Here is a list of blogs I encourage you to visit, starting with Victor's. Just click each name to visit the blog--and remember to leave a comment!
Victor Gentle Jenny Jara Melissa K&C's Mom
If I've just tagged you, please post a comment on this entry with a link to your meme. Hopefully you will get around to it more quickly than I did!
How I'd answer this question probably depends on the day. Here's what comes to mind as to why I love Jesus (in no particular order):
- Because He loved me first. He loved me while I was yet in my sin, and unlovable in my own eyes.
- Because he set me free from my guilt and shame. He bore my sins and gave me His righteousness. He removed my sins as far as the east is from the west. (Psalm 103:12)
- Because although He lives in a high and holy place, he still chooses to dwell with me. (Isaiah 57:15)
- Because he gives me rest when I am weary and burdened. (Matthew 11:28)
- Because He is encouraging and enabling me to love others as He loves me. There was a time when it was very difficult for me to open my heart to another person, but now I am finding delight in making many new friends.