Saturday, April 9, 2011

You Can Be an $11 Blessing

I need to ask a small favor....

As you may know, in November I will be participating in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure® event, a 60-mile walk over the course of three days. Net proceeds from this event are invested in breast cancer research and community programs.

I'm walking for my dear friend Laura, who has breast cancer that has metastasized to her lungs and brain.  Laura inspires me continually with her courage, strength, and faith.

Laura with Son Samuel

I want to do something special for Laura in honor of the one-year anniversary of our friendship, which is this Monday (4/11/11). I don't really understand it, but Laura feels a special connection with the number 11. When she feels discouraged or afraid--or when she's really happy about something--she often notices 11s around her. For example, she might see an 11 on a license plate or road sign, or on a digital clock. She feels the 11s are God's way of telling her He's close and He loves her.

On the 11th, I'd like to absolutely shower her with 11s, and at the same time raise money for a cause that she supports passionately. Would you consider donating $11.11 in her honor? If you can't give $11.11, could you give $1.11? In my heart, this isn't about the money, but about being a blessing to Laura.

You can read more about Laura's story on my 3-Day page

Here's how you can help:

1. Make your donation here.

2. In the message section, enter a message to Laura (e.g. "Blessings, Laura!"). You can also enter your name if you want it to display.


3. If Laura's story moves you, please forward this request to others.

4. Whenever you see an 11, pray for Laura and her family.

If just 111 people give $11.11, that's $1233.21--enough to provide 10 free mammograms!

P.S. If you don't see this until after April 11, you can still donate. I will make sure Laura sees all your messages.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

11 is my lucky number too, be blessed Laura!

P.S. - You are a great friend Sarah!

Sarah said...

Jenny - How funny that you share Laura's lucky number. Some time you'll have to tell me how that became your number, and how long it's been your favorite.

My lucky number is 726, which was my Girl Scout troop number.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails