Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Aventuras en Costa Rica

For this series of blog entries, I will describe my experiences in a Spanish Immersion program in Costa Rica. I will write the stories in Spanish and then translate into English as faithfully as possible. My Spanish is not very good yet, so expect errors in grammar and especially verb tenses. I speak only in present tense currently. Also, I don't know how to type accents on my phone. Also, I cannot see the uploaded photos on my phone so they may not be the right ones.

Llego en San Jose en el sabado pasado. Comienzo hablar en Espanol inmediatamente. La agenta de inmigracion me comprende bastante bien. Un hombre amable que trabaja para el aeropuerto me ayuda que busco a mi conductor, se llama Ronnie. El y su esposa me manaja a Tuis, cerca Turrialba. Un otra estudiante viaje conmigo en la camioneta.

El trafico esta horrible. La carretera es pequeno, y hay muchos carros. La vista de las montanas es muy bonita, con muchos arboles y flores. Durante el viaje, hablamos principalmente en ingles.
Las casas son diferentes aqui

Mi familia en Tuis es muy amable. La madre, se llama Macha, sabe un pequeno ingles, pero hablamos casi todo en espanol. Cuando no estoy demasiado nerviosa, puedo comunicar la mayoria que quiero hablar.

Macha vive con su esposo, Mecho. Estan casado por 52 anos. Su hija adulta, Laura, vive con ellos. Ella es muy dulce.
Macha y Laura


Macha tiene mucha paciencia. Repete sus palabras muchos tiempos y habla despacio. A veces usa sus manos por me ayuda que comprendo. Macha canta con frequencia. No comprende las palabras, pero me da alegria. Tambien me alegra que su lee la Biblia. En su voz, la Palabra de Dios vive!



La casa es muy linda. (Es la casa blanca en el foto. Otro foto es mi calle-muy pequena.) Tiene muchos flores y mariposas con colores diferentes, tambien muchos  tipos de pajaros. Hay un perico que come galletas!
Daniel

Mi cuarto es bastante grande por mi. Me encanta la cocina, que tiene paredes rosas. Es tiene una moda de tiempos pasados. Es tranquila. Y la comida es muy bien!


Mi primer dia estoy mas facil que penso, pero no mi segundo dia. Pero es un otro cuento....

I arrive in San Jose on the past Saturday. I start to speak Spanish immediately. The immigration agent understands me well enough. A kind man who works for the airport helps me look for my driver, named Ronnie. He and his wife drive me to Tuis, near Turrialba. Another student travels with me in the van.

The traffic is horrible! The highway is small and there are many cars. The view of the mountains is very beautiful with many trees and flowers. During the trip we speak mainly in English.

My family in Tuis is very friendly. The mother, who is called Macha, knows a little English, but we speak almost completely in Spanish. When I am not too nervous, I can communicate the majority of what I want to say.

Macha lives with her husband, Mecho. They are married 52 years. Their adult daughter, Laura, lives with them. She is very sweet.

Macha has a lot of patience. She repeats her words many times and speaks slowly. Sometimes she uses her hands to help me understand.

The house is very beautiful. It has many flowers and butterflies with different colors, also many types of birds. There is a parrot who eats cookies!

My room is big enough for me. I am enchanted with the kitchen, which has pink walls. It has a style from times past. It is peaceful. And the food is very good!

My first day is easier than I think but not my second day. But that is another story...



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok, you got me hooked! Now I will have to have my daily dose. 😀

Sarah said...

Thank you! Working on my second story now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails